Pages

About Me

My photo
Lomita, CA, United States
My name is Sam but my nickname's Samrokk. I was born in Redondo Bch and go to El Camino for Graphic Design. I'm almost done with my certificate in graphic design, as well as, my AA in Studio art. I'm a freelance designer and photographer and one day I hope to own a small company, or art gallery. I have a certificate in CPR and First Aid from fall 2010. My advertising blog is for my Advertising 2 course, my photography blog is just something I wanted to put up to show my work and create potential customers and is the start of my online portfolio. This blogs purpose is to generate constructive criticism and positive feedback in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information in my advertisements, as well as, my photography.

Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paleta Project Update

New Slogan: "Caliente? Refresh you senses without guilt!"

Working on: (My Part) An interactive Facebook Page and doing further research.

As a group, also working on: Truck exterior design, uniforms, and packaging.

Also I'm going to the Farmer's Market at Wilson Park on Saturday to take more pictures.

Definitions (In Progress)


"1. Fruit
[froot] Show IPA
noun, plural fruits, ( especially collectively ) fruit, verb
–noun
1.any product of plant growth useful to humans or animals.
2.the developed ovary of a seed plant with its contents and accessory parts, as the pea pod, nut, tomato, or pineapple.
3.the edible part of a plant developed from a flower, with any accessory tissues, as the peach, mulberry, or banana.
4.the spores and accessory organs of ferns, mosses, fungi, algae, or lichen.
5.anything produced or accruing; product, result, or effect; return or profit: the fruits of one's labors.
6.Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a male homosexual.
–verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
7.to bear or cause to bear fruit: a tree that fruits in late summer; careful pruning that sometimes fruits a tree.
Origin:
1125–75; Middle English < Old French < Latin frūctus enjoyment, profit, fruit, equivalent to frūg-, variant stem of fruī to
enjoy the produce of + -tus suffix of v. action
—Related forms
fruit·like, adjective"

"2. Truck - 8 dictionary results
truck1
[truhk] Show IPA
–noun
1. any of various forms of vehicle for carrying goods and materials, usually consisting of a single self-propelled unit but also
often composed of a trailer vehicle hauled by a tractor unit.
2. any of various wheeled frames used for transporting heavy objects.
3. Also called hand truck. a barrowlike frame with low wheels, a ledge at the bottom, and handles at the top, used to move
heavy luggage, packages, cartons, etc.
4. a low, rectangular frame on which heavy boxes, crates, trunks, etc., are moved; a dolly.
5. a tiered framework on casters.
6 .a group of two or more pairs of wheels in one frame, for supporting one end of a railroad car, locomotive, etc.
7. Movies . a dolly on which a camera is mounted.
8. British . a freight car having no top.
9. a small wooden wheel, cylinder, or roller, as on certain old-style gun carriages.
10. Nautical . a circular or square piece of wood fixed on the head of a mast or the top of a flagstaff, usually containing small
holes for signal halyards.
–verb (used with object)
11. to transport by truck.
12. to put on a truck.
13. dolly ( def. 11 ) .
–verb (used without object)
14. to convey articles or goods on a truck.
15. to drive a truck.
16. dolly ( def. 12 ) .
–adjective
17. of, pertaining to, or for a truck or trucks: a truck drive; truck tires."

Source: www.dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment