Pages

About Me

My photo
Lomita, CA, United States
My name is Sam but my nickname's Samrokk. I was born in Redondo Bch and go to El Camino for Graphic Design. I'm almost done with my certificate in graphic design, as well as, my AA in Studio art. I'm a freelance designer and photographer and one day I hope to own a small company, or art gallery. I have a certificate in CPR and First Aid from fall 2010. My advertising blog is for my Advertising 2 course, my photography blog is just something I wanted to put up to show my work and create potential customers and is the start of my online portfolio. This blogs purpose is to generate constructive criticism and positive feedback in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information in my advertisements, as well as, my photography.

Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

1st and 2nd Crack at Layout Designs for Paleta Project


      After last weeks critique with a panel of "clients" I made the decision to throwout the majority of my ideas from my 1st roughs and start from scratch. I received quit a bit of constructive criticism and reflected on it. I came to the conclusion that less can be viewed as more. In order to make the suppliers, "the trucks", as well as the product, "the paletas", more appealing to the customer a simple, clean, and desirable design is the best way to go. What ever the chosen design is, it should carry throughout the ad campaign even when different forms of media is used.

1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude SAM. Here are a few of the notes I took

    Susana, Samanha, Rosehanna

    Fruitleta – fruit on a stick.
    1. Why that type face on the logo?
    Latina and American –
    20 – 30 male and female
    Strawberry – it is from southern California –
    2. are the leaves going to be on the stik – as a form of decoration.
    3. Double meaning Caliente – hot, hot as in temperature.
    Color scheme - I like the very simple color
    Like the idea of the simple calorie amount
    4. an ad in a magazine to inform about the new product - DO not like the advertisement in the magazine – what about the Long beach business magazine, selling through the port authority .
    What about a series of teasers
    5. Mixed image – are you selling it as fruit? What is Caliente in that. Advertisement there seems to be some discrepancy about the idea.

    Truck.
    The leaf – I am not sure if we are looking at leaves of looking for a blog.
    The lack of continuity are you selling fruit, leaves, caliente ???

    **** Bar code

    Uniforms – if you are going to be colored? Like the fruit
    Went to Japan town down town La and the way they approach the use of color and playfulness – goes through the entire campaign – Edible fruit
    Look at Keicha’s website herbal essences.
    Coloured hats?
    Hats like fruit
    Pants made out of heshion.
    Hats like the Mexican masks – they are hand drawn.

    Scratch and sniff – a piece of fruity color.
    Attack your senses without guilt
    Think texture
    Think color
    Think playful
    Think retro??/
    Think minimal
    Think Mexican masks
    Think Japanese clean
    Your type face for Caliente
    Old Latin posters for your color choices
    Japanese tea house.
    LED ticker tape
    Koji Truck – movie touch screen
    Gay ice cream truck.

    ReplyDelete