Pages

About Me

My photo
Lomita, CA, United States
My name is Sam but my nickname's Samrokk. I was born in Redondo Bch and go to El Camino for Graphic Design. I'm almost done with my certificate in graphic design, as well as, my AA in Studio art. I'm a freelance designer and photographer and one day I hope to own a small company, or art gallery. I have a certificate in CPR and First Aid from fall 2010. My advertising blog is for my Advertising 2 course, my photography blog is just something I wanted to put up to show my work and create potential customers and is the start of my online portfolio. This blogs purpose is to generate constructive criticism and positive feedback in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information in my advertisements, as well as, my photography.

Followers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Project Update: Re-designing Paleta Campaign and More Research!

      Me and my group went to Plaza Mexico after class on Thursday to do some research and enjoy some paletas. Here are some pictures I took;








      During Thursday's class, "our clients", a panel of students, as well as Professor Willcocks decided that out of all the different directions we presented the one that focused on the fresh fruit was the better choice. Also a comment that helped me was that the logo and/or icon doesn't have to be a part of the truck design. I tried different ways of approaching the design on the trucks and will try to see if it can carry to the uniforms, packaging, and print ad. We need to decide on a general theme so our work goes together as if it were a real campaign. We all have really good ideas that can work if we can make small compromises to come together and make it work. Roseannah's  iconic images are very nice, and so is all the info that Susanna's gotten about the radio, plus the packaging looks like it's on the right track. We all like the icicle brushes I've been using and a clean white background. Here are some of my notes;

1. clean- (adj) free from dirt, stain, or defilement; pure guiltless;trim,shapely.
2. refreshing- (refresh vt) give freshness to; revive; renew; brighten; provide with refreshment.
3. desirable- (desire vt) wish, long for; ask for, entreat. (n) longing, craving; expressed wish, request; sexual appetite; something wished for or requested.
4. colorful- (adj) with bright or varied colors; distinctive.
5. affordable- (afford vt) be able to buy; be able to spare the time,etc; produce, yield, furnish.
6. nutritious  
7. healthy
8. rewarding
9. enjoyable
10. flavorful

Family run business
Hits home
Wholesome
Historical
Family oriented

Brings people "the family"(everyone) together.
Mexican recipe over 20 years old.
It fells like your indulging when your not.
A treat for the whole family
Playful but appealing to adults from their late 20's to
their late 40's.

Something parents aren't afraid to give their children
to snack on.

No artificial coloring or flavoring like the majority of
popsicles.
All natural

Slogans;
"Attack your sences without guilt."
"Caliente! Refresh your senses without guilt."

      We want to find a simple and clean font that doesn't take away from the design. Also we didn't want too much fruit everywhere to distract the eye or too many different ranges of color. We decided to stick with specific tones of, red, pink, orange, yellow, and green (if we vary slightly I don't see that It'll be a problem). I need to add the text to the rest of my new roughs which I already emailed to my group to take a look at. Also I want to try a similar design on the aprons and eventually on the Facebook and Twitter. I hope I'm closer to something that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment