Pages

About Me

My photo
Lomita, CA, United States
My name is Sam but my nickname's Samrokk. I was born in Redondo Bch and go to El Camino for Graphic Design. I'm almost done with my certificate in graphic design, as well as, my AA in Studio art. I'm a freelance designer and photographer and one day I hope to own a small company, or art gallery. I have a certificate in CPR and First Aid from fall 2010. My advertising blog is for my Advertising 2 course, my photography blog is just something I wanted to put up to show my work and create potential customers and is the start of my online portfolio. This blogs purpose is to generate constructive criticism and positive feedback in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information in my advertisements, as well as, my photography.

Followers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why I'm taking AD2 and Good/Bad Ex. of AD

I'm taking Advertising 2 Spring semester at El Camino College because I want to be successful in the Graphic Design Business. I believe in order to do this you need to first acquire the skills and experience i will learn from this class. Also it is a required class to receive the Graphic Design certificate that I've been currently pursuing for two years.

Good AD


This Ad is successful bec
ause it has a strong photo and also it has a clear typographic hierarchy. It's easy to read and understand. Plus it's interesting with means it's successful because as the viewer I am drawn to this ad; it makes me laugh.


Bad AD


I believe this ad isn't successful because as the viewer I get confused the message is not as clear as it should be in order to be a successful advertisement. There is no context to back up the photograph. I'm not saying it's not strong photographically because it is but as an advertisement I am not convinced it works.


<3 Samrokk

No comments:

Post a Comment