Pages

About Me

My photo
Lomita, CA, United States
My name is Sam but my nickname's Samrokk. I was born in Redondo Bch and go to El Camino for Graphic Design. I'm almost done with my certificate in graphic design, as well as, my AA in Studio art. I'm a freelance designer and photographer and one day I hope to own a small company, or art gallery. I have a certificate in CPR and First Aid from fall 2010. My advertising blog is for my Advertising 2 course, my photography blog is just something I wanted to put up to show my work and create potential customers and is the start of my online portfolio. This blogs purpose is to generate constructive criticism and positive feedback in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information in my advertisements, as well as, my photography.

Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Paletas Research Part 1 Short Summary w/ Pics

Research can be fun!
     In ad 2 our second project is to create are own paletas vender, it can be anything, and we are suppose to create an ad campaign. The first step is research. We decided to eat our research on our first outing. Next week on Tuesday after class we are taking the bus to La to find more paletas..
(competition)

     Paletas are handmade Mexican ice pops. They come in a variety of flavors. There are two different categories that they break up into water-based and milk-based. They are also made with fresh fruit and the water-based ice pops contain little or no fat so they are healthy.

   




     For Research we started to look around grocery stores such as Food For Less and look at our competitors. Also, we had to try some! :) Strawberry (Fresa), Michoacana brand is delicious. Michoacana is a family run business, the Gutierrez guarantee authenticity. They pride themselves on tradition.





     Our target audience is the middle class working adult in a metropolitan area such as Los Angeles County. We want to have a high class ice cream truck and possibly a designed freezer to sell to venders in LA. Not too expensive but we want it to have a clean desirable look.



<3 Samrokk

4 comments:

  1. great stuff!! What an enjoyable experience. perhaps Susanna got sick from the jaunt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE PREPARED TO GIVE A BRIEF presentation ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT, TARGET MARKET AND CAMPAIGN. ON THURSDAY MORNING AS A GROUP.
    This will be like a client brief that you will present to the class. No more than 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Sam!! Sorry about last Thursday, I'm sick, got a bad bad flu! looking forward to Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top photo of u gals! Sorry u got sick Susana :(

    ReplyDelete